Mirror Box Completed…

Finished the rocker and mirror boxes a few days ago. Instead of painting it, my wife and some other ATMs convinced me to leave the wood a natural color. I like the results!!!  I used Minwax Gloss Oil Based Polyurethane.



This is a view of the back of the scope. There are two fans to blow air across the surface of the mirror. I also have a fan to blow on the back of the mirror. The top set of fans is controlled by one switch, the single fan that blows on the back of the mirror is controlled by a different switch.

I decided to name the scope “Electa”. My wife and I recently got into genealogy and I found out my great, great, great, great, grandmother was named Electa. I thought it was such a great name!

Here is a closeup of the bearing mounting. I decided to use threaded inserts on the mirror box, and finish nuts on the outside. It has a really nice appearance.

The bottom of the scope. Here you see the back fan.

Close up of the electronics.

Advertisements

~ by jhissong on 2010/03/24.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: