More mirror box work

Attaching the bearings

Attaching the bearings

Trying out the mirror cell

Trying out the mirror cell

Today I worked on attaching the old bearings to the new mirror box. Looks like it works pretty well in the existing rocker box.  However, I noticed that the clearance between the center pivot of the rocker box and the corner or the mirror box is pretty tight (about 1/4″ of an inch).  So I will not be putting digital setting circles in this thing until I build a new rocker box.  I also did a quick check on centering the mirror cell in the mirror box.  As you can see, the mirror cell was built for a smaller mirror box, but I will make it work with some metal standoffs!

Advertisements

~ by jhissong on 2014/07/10.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: